Happy November fellow book lovers!
We are getting closer and closer to the end of the year and it feels like Christmas is right around the corner…
This is the perfect month to stretch out in the sun with a good book or to start preparing gifts for that Christmas period.
Luckily there are still many wonderful books coming out and we are excited to share with you the list we have put together for November.
Here are the books we are most looking forward to this month!
We are excited to be featuring the new historical fiction novel by Australian author Christos Tsiolkas! Set around the events surrounding the birth and establishment of the Christian church and the gospels and letters of St Paul, Damascus is one we are excited to dive into. We were also lucky enough to have Christos visit us in store and signed copies are still available!
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is a long time staff favourite here in store so we had to include her highly anticipated new novel The Starless Sea in our top four this month!
We are sure we aren’t the only ones who have been eagerly awaiting this one!
Another staff favourite here in store is Bri Lee. We were obsessed with Eggshell Skull when it came out last year and devoured her new book Beauty as soon as it came in.
We can’t stress how insightful and brilliant this book is. It was an instant staff favourite.
The last book we have featured in our top four for November is Olive Cotton by Helen Ennis. A landmark biography of a singular and important Australian photographer, Olive Cotton, by an award-winning writer – beautifully written and deeply moving.
Other titles we are excited for this month include:
- The Best Kind of Beautiful by Frances Whiting
- The Girl Who Reads on the Métro by Christine Féret-Fleury
- Find Me by André Aciman
- The Pursuit of William Abbey by Claire North
- The Bee and the Orange Tree by Melissa Ashley – December book club book
- In Darkness Visible by Tony Jones – signed copies available
- The Poppy Wife by Caroline Scott
- The End of the Ocean by Maja Lunde
- The Great Divide by L.J.M Owen
- The Siberian Dilemma by Martin Cruz Smith
- Westwind by Ian Rankin
- Peace by Gary Disher
Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Salvation Lost by Peter F. Hamilton
- The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons
- Body Tourists by Jane Rogers
- Your Own Kind of Girl by Clare Bowditch
- The Witches Are Coming by Lindy West
- Venus and Aphrodite by Bettany Hughes
- Just Desserts by Charlotte Ree
- Curious: Life Hacks Through Maths by Lily Serna
- Tell Me Why: The Story of My Life and My Music by Archie Roach
- The Man in the Red Coat by Julian Barnes
- On the Shoulders of Giants by Umberto Eco
- A Month in Siena by Hisham Matar
- Yellow Notebook: Diaries Volume One 1978-1987 by Helen Garner
- Life: Selected Writings by Tim Flannery
- The Saturday Portraits by Maxine Beneba Clarke
- Janis: Her Life and Music by Holly George-Warren
- Acid for the Children by Flea
- Into the Crooked Place by Alexandra Christo
- Deeplight by Frances Hardinge
- The Toll by Neal Shusterman
- Weapon by Lynette Noni
- Supernova by Marissa Meyer
- Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White
- Nevertell by Katharine Orton
- The Secrets of Magnolia Moon by Katherine Quinn
- The Fowl Twins by Eoin Colfer
- The Impossible Boy by Ben Brooks
- A Flamboyance of Flamingos by Jennifer Cossins
- Fauna by Tania McCartney
- Explore Your World: Weird, Wild, Amazing! by Tim Flannery
- The Painted Ponies by Alison Lester
- A Trip to the Beach by Gwyn Perkins
If you would like to learn more about any of the titles featured or to purchase them from our website you can click on the image of the book.
Stay tuned for next month to find out what titles we are excited for in December!