It feels like every month is an exciting month for new releases. There is nothing better, in our opinion, than curling up on the couch with a good book and a hot cup of tea.
August is the perfect month to do this and we wanted to share some of the books coming out this month that we are excited about.
We are particularly excited for Salt by Bruce Pascoe; a collection of fiction and non-fiction stories and essays. This volume of Bruce Pascoe’s most celebrated work also includes featured new fiction. Readers who enjoyed Dark Emu have much to discover here among the breadth and scope of one of our most treasured writers.
The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson is a staff favourite. This Young Adult fantasy novel follows protagonist Anathia in the aftermath of her kingdom being invaded. It deals with the harsh reality of depression while transporting you to a unique magical and enchanting world. Click here for a full review of this book by one of our booksellers.
Another title we are looking forward to in August is, Growing Up Queer in Australia Edited by Benjamin Law. This compilation assembles voices from across the spectrum of LGBTIQA+ identity. Spanning diverse places, eras, ethnicities and experiences, these are the stories of growing up queer in Australia.
Other titles we are excited about this month include:
- The Day the Lies Began by Kylie Kaden – not yet released; available from the 14th of August
- The Warlow Experiment by Alix Nathan
- Deep River by Karl Marlantes
- Inland by Téa Obreht – not yet released; available from the 13th of August
- From Here On, Monsters by Elizabeth Bryer
- Where the Dead Go by Sarah Bailey
- A Grave for Two by Anne Holt
- Worst Case Scenario by Helen Fitzgerald – not yet released; available from the 6th of August
Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Dark Age by Pierce Brown
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Girl in Red by Christina Henry
- The Way through the Woods by Long Litt Woon
- Make, Think, Imagine by John Browne
- Women, Men and the Whole Damn Thing by David Leser
- Changing Fortunes by Paul Tilley – not yet released; available from the 6th of August
- Inside the Greens by Paddy Manning – not yet released; available from the 19th of August
- It Sounded Better in My Head by Nina Kenwood
- Becoming Dinah by Kit de Waal
- Here There are Monsters by Amelinda Bérubé – not yet released; available from the 16th of August
- Dark Blade by Steve Feasey
- The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
- I Love My Dad Because by Petra James, illustrated by Alissa Dinallo
- As Happy as Here by Jane Godwin
- The Wishing Bones by Michelle Lovric
- The 117-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
If you would like to learn more about any of the titles featured or to purchase them from our website you can click on the image of the book.
Stay tuned for next month to find out what titles we are excited for in September!